In 1982, Ron Paul served on the U.S. Gold Commission to evaluate the role of gold in the monetary system. In fact, the Commission was his idea. It was carrying forth a promise made in the Republican platform.
Ron couldn't pick the members, so from the beginning, the deck was stacked. The majority was dominated by monetarists, who saw gold as too scarce and paper as just fine. Ron Paul's team was ready, however, with this marvelous minority report.
Rarely has a dissent on a government commission done so much good!
The result was The Case for Gold, and it was the greatest result of the commission. It covers the history of gold in the United States, explains that its breakdown was caused by governments, and explains the merit of having sound money: prices reflect market realities, government stays in check, and the people retain their freedom.
The scholarship and rigor impressed even the critics of the minority. Ron and Lewis Lehrman worked with a team of economists that included Murray Rothbard, so it is hardly suprising that such a book would result.
It still holds up as an excellent blueprint for moving beyond paper money and into the age of sound money. In particular, Ron favors complete monetary freedom to use any commodity as money, to make contracts in any money, and an end to the monopolization and printing power of the Federal Reserve.
There is a strong piece of history in this book. Not since the 19th century has a political figure made such a sweeping and devastating case for radical monetary reform. This congressman ran circles around even the experts at the Fed. A dazzling performance indeed, and an inspiring and learned book.
245 pages, 6" x 9", paperback
When the economic history of our times is written, one man will emerge as the prophet of both the financial collapse and the disasters associated with government management: Ron Paul. He alone among the political class sounded the warnings and sees the way out.
This economic manifesto (484 pages!), which is a treasure, collects his greatest speeches and debates over the last 30 years, and provides documentary evidence that he is not only a master of the topic; he has provided a coherent explanation of nearly everything the government has done wrong in this area since he first entered public office. He also provides a way out, as implied by the subtitle: free market, honest money, and private property.
Dr. Paul has consistently battled for all three.
Economics is topic about which most politicians are abysmally ignorant. As this books shows, Ron Paul is a master of the topic and the nation's teacher on a vast range of economic issues. He addresses monetary policy during critical times such as the late 1970s inflation mania, and was a lone voice pointing to the real cause of Federal Reserve monetary policy.
Whereas most members of Congress are intimidated by Fed officials, Paul's confrontations with Greenspan are documented here word for word. In addition, he reveals the social and economic effects of loose credit, and shows the ill-effects of bailouts. He addresses high taxes, regulation, trade restrictions, and bravely denounces sanctions against foreign countries for fueling international tensions.
He also explains his view of free trade, for the real thing but against misnamed treaties that embroil international traders in bureaucracy.
He covers welfare, bureaucracy, war, and a a host of other economic topics in what is surely the most comprehensive, intelligent, and revealing book on economics ever written by a U.S. political figure -- all informed by the Austrian tradition of thought that has so influenced his thinking.
BY ROBERT P. MURPHY
FOREWORD BY LLEWELLYN H. ROCKWELL, JR
ECONOMICS OF A FREE SOCIETY
• Current Political Philosophies’ Errors to Result
in Political and Economic Crisis
• Challenge to America: A
Current Assessment of Our Republic
• Has Capitalism Failed?
PART 2—MISES AND
AUSTRIAN ECONOMICS: A PERSONAL VIEW
PART 3—REFORMING SOCIAL SECURITY
• Senior Citizens’ Freedom to Work Act of 1999
• Social Security Tax Relief Act
• Social Security Preservation
• Social Security for American Citizens Only!
PART 4—GIVING MONEY BACK
TO THE TAXPAYERS
• The Agriculture Education Freedom Act
• The Family Health
Tax Cut Act
• The Public Safety Tax Cut Act
• End the Income Tax—Pass the
• Teacher Tax Cut Act
• The Family Education Freedom
• The False Tax Cut Debate
• Police Security Protection Act
PART 5—MONEY AND BANKING: GOLD VERSUS
• To Provide for Amendment
of the Bretton Woods Agreement Act, and for Other Purposes
Overriding Concern of All Americans
• Curtailing the Discretionary Powers of the Federal Reserve
3 Million and Take 1 Million for Yourself
• Gold Prices Soar; Dollar Declines
• Government Should Stop Destroying Value of the Dollar
• Increased Money
Supply Cause of Inflation
• The Recent Strength of the Dollar and
• Inflation is Caused by Government
• Congressional Inflation
• Five Myths of the Gold Standard
• Audit of the Federal Reserve
• At the
• The Folly of Current
• Back Into the Woods
• Conduct of Monetary
• Federal Reserve has Monopoly over Money and Credit in United States
• Conduct of Monetary Policy
• East Asian Economic Conditions
• Conduct of Monetary Policy
• International Economic Turmoil
• Revamping the Monetary
• Congress Ignores its Constitutional Responsibility Regarding Monetary
• Warning about Foreign Policy and Monetary Policy
• Economic Update
• The Economy
• The U.S.
Dollar and the World Economy
• The Foolishness of Fiat
• Gold and the
• Hard Questions for Federal Reserve Chairman Greenspan
• Bring Back Honest Money
Money and Tyranny
• Reject Taxpayer Bank Bailouts
• The End of Dollar Hegemony
• What the Price of Gold is Telling Us
• Monetary Policy and the State of
• Chinese Currency
• Financial Services Paulson Hearing
6—FREE TRADE: REAL VERSUS PHONY
• Our Soaring Trade Deficit Cannot Be
• Ron Paul Amendment to Cut Corporate Welfare
• What is Free
• The Dollar and Our Current Account Deficit
• International Trade
• The Export-Import
Unconstitutional “Trade Promotion Authority”
• Steel Protectionism
• Export-Import Bank is Corporate
• Don’t Antagonize Our Trading Partners
• The United States Trade
Rights Enforcement Act
PART 7—INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
• Dissenting Views on
• Big Bankers Get Their
• The Mexican Bailout
• Reaffirming Commitment of United States to
Principles of the Marshall Plan
• Calling for the United States to Withdraw from the World Trade
• U.S. Membership in the World Trade Organization
• New China
• Ending U.S. Membership in the IMF
• Wasteful Foreign Aid to
• Opposing Taxpayer Funding of Multinational Development Banks
Does the IMF Prohibit Gold-Backed Currency for its Member States?
• The Myth of
• Opposing Trade Sanctions against Syria
• Reject the
Millennium Challenge Act
• Providing for the Establishment of a Commission in
the House of Representatives to Assist Parliaments in Emerging Democracies
• Opposing Statement to Committee on
Financial Services World Bank Hearing
• Darfur Accountability and Divestment
• Iran Sanctions Enabling Act
PART 8—HOW GOVERNMENT DISTORTS THE HOUSING MARKET
• Debate on the Housing Opportunity and
Responsibility Act of 1997
• Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Subsidies Distort the
• The American Dream Downpayment Act
• Reforming the
Government Sponsored Enterprises (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac)
• Mortgage Industry Has Its Roots in
the Federal Reserve’s Inflationary Monetary Policy
PART 9—SPENDING, TAXES,
• The Chrysler Bailout
• The Balanced Budget Amendment
• Authorizing President to Award
Congressional Gold Medal to Mother Teresa
• The Davis-Bacon Repeal Act
National Right to Work Act
• Authorizing President to Award Congressional Gold
Medal to Rosa Parks
• OSHA Home Office Regulations
• Minimum Wage Increase Act
• Awarding Gold Medal to Former
President and Mrs. Ronald Reagan in Recognition of Service to Nation
• Internet Gambling Prohibition Act of 2000
• The Wage Act
• Truth in
Anti-Terrorism Act of 2001
• Terrorism Reinsurance Legislation
• The Collapse
• Television Consumer
• The Shrimp Importation Financing Fairness Act
• Oppose the Federal Welfare
• Oppose the Spendthrift 2005 Federal Budget Resolution
• A Token Attempt to Reduce Government
• Praising Private Space Exploration
• Government Spending—A Tax on
the Middle Class
• Raising the Debt Limit: A Disgrace
• The Republication Congress Wastes Billions Overseas
• So-Called “Deficit Reduction
• What Congress Can Do About Soaring Gas Prices
• Executive Compensation
494 pages, paperback, 2008
Ron Paul has been the leading champion of sound money in the Congress. Here he explains why sound money means a new gold standard. The monograph is written in the clearest possible terms with the goal of explaining the basics of paper money and its effects of inflation, business cycles, and government growth. He maps out a plan to bring about a dollar that is as good as gold, one that would be protected against manipulation by government and central bankers. Part of that strategy is the minting of a new gold one but the more far-reaching plan involves a redefinition of the dollar and complete monetary competition. This monograph first appeared in 1981, and it has been in wide distribution ever since. Henry Hazlitt writes the introduction, and Murray Rothbard writes the preface.
57 pages, 6" x 9", paperback
What Has The Government Done To Our Money?
Murray N. Rothbard.
His unique plan for making the
dollar sound again still holds up. Some people have said: Rothbard
tells us what is wrong with money but not what to do about it. Well, by
adding this essay, the problem and the answer are united in a
After presenting the basics of money and banking theory, he
traces the decline of the dollar from the 18th century to the present,
and provides lucid critiques of central banking, New Deal monetary
policy, Nixonian fiat money, and fixed exchange rates. He also provides
a blueprint for a return to a 100 percent reserve gold standard.
The book made huge theoretical advances. He was the first to prove
that the government, and only the government, can destroy money on a
mass scale, and he showed exactly how they go about this dirty deed.
But just as importantly, it is beautifully written. He tells a
thrilling story because he loves the subject so much.
The passion that Murray feels for the topic comes through in the prose
and transfers to the reader. Readers become excited about the subject,
and tell others. Students tell professors. Some, like the great Ron
Paul of Texas, have even run for political office after having read it.
Rothbard shows precisely how banks create money out of thin air and how
the central bank, backed by government power, allows them to get away
with it. He shows how exchange rates and interest rates would work in a
true free market. When it comes to describing the end of the gold
standard, he is not content to describe the big trends. He names names
and ferrets out all the interest groups involved.
Since Rothbard's death, scholars have worked to assess his
legacy, and many of them agree that this little book is one of his most
important. Though it has sometimes been inauspiciously packaged and is
surprisingly short, its argument took huge strides toward explaining
that it is impossible to understand public affairs in our time without
understanding money and its destruction.
This volume's contents include:
- Preface by Jörg Guido Hülsmann
- I. Introduction by Murray Rothbard
- II. Money in a Free Society
- 1. The Value of Exchange
- 2. Barter
- 3. Indirect Exchange
- 4. Benefits of Money
- 5. The Monetary Unit
- 6. The Shape of Money
- 7. Private Coinage
- 8. The Proper Supply of Money
- 9. The Problem of Hoarding
- 10. Stabilize the Price Level?
- 11. Coexisting Moneys
- 12. Money-Warehouses
- 13. Summary
- III. Government Meddling With Money
- 1. The Revenue of Government
- 2. The Economic Effects of Inflation
- 3. Compulsory Monopoly of the Mint
- 4. Debasement
- 5. Gresham's Law and Coinage
- 6. Summary: Government and Coinage
- 7. Permitting Banks to Refuse Payment
- 8. Central Banking: Removing the Checks on Inflation
- 9. Central Banking: Directing the Inflation
- 10. Going Off the Gold Standard
- 11. Fiat Money and the Gold Problem
- 12. Fiat Money and Gresham's Law
- 13. Government and Money
- IV. The Monetary Breakdown of the West
- 1. Phase I: The Classical Gold Standard, 1815-1914
- 2. Phase II: World War I and After
- 3. Phase III: The Gold Exchange Standard (Britain and the United States) 1926-1931
- 4. Phase IV: Fluctuating Fiat Currencies, 1931-1945...
- 5. Phase V: Bretton Woods and the New Gold Exchange Standard (the United States) 1945 1968
- 6. Phase VI: The Unraveling of Bretton Woods, 1968-1971
- 7. Phase VII: The End of Bretton Woods: Fluctuating Fiat Currencies, August-December, 1971
- 8. Phase VIII: The Smithsonian Agreement, December 1971-February 1973
- 9. Phase IX: Fluctuating Fiat Currencies, March 1973-?
- The Case for a 100 Percent Gold Dollar
- Preface by Murray Rothbard
- 1. The Case for a 100 Percent Gold Dollar
- 2. Money and Freedom
- 3. The Dollar: Independent Name or Unit of Weight?
- 4. Monopolizing the Mint
- 5. Encouraging Bank Inflation
- 6. 100 Percent Gold Banking
- 7. Objections to 100 Percent Gold
- 8. Professor Yeager and 100 Percent Gold
- 9. The 100 Percent Gold Tradition
- 10. The Road Ahead $19.97
Articles of Confederation
On Antique Parchment folded in an envelope.
On Antique Parchment folded in an envelope.
Articles of Confederation
On Antique Parchment folded in an envelope.
On Antique Parchment folded in an envelope.
Documents of Freedom
Declaration of Independence, U.S. Constitution and The
Bill of Rights on Antique Parchment.
The Constitution That Never Was.
How the American People have been CONNED by Lawyers. Ralph Boryszewski
Read about the takeover of the American Government from the first Constitutional Congress by the agents of the British Government, the Esquires! The Lawyers infiltrated all branches of the American government simutaneously corrupting the principal of a Government for the People by the People. We were supposed to have a lay government run by the commoners, yes including the Supreme Court Justices. Shakespeare was right, Kill all the Law. $20.00
Opus, an historical review of American Banking, the answer to Ayn Rand's
Atlas Shrugged. Crashmaker's can be read as a novel or a textbook, it
contains virtually everything you need to become a trully informed American
Patriot defending the Republic from the New World Order. A visionary
novel of Shakespearean proportions, a must, must read if you consider
yourself even remotely an American. Break the brainwashing of the socialist
public school system, see character valued over compromise. To be a
patriot today, you need heroism, courage, valour and the cunning of
a coyote. Crashmaker can be your role-model, your consort, your confessor
and even your prophetic leader. To be an American in the true and original
intent of our founding fathers, you will need to become a radical, breaking
from the consensus group mind. The tyranny in America is a tyranny without
walls, unseen subtle manipulation undermining the American Spirit, whittling
away at the foundational self-reliant value system.
Crashmaker is a 2 volume hard cover set over 1700 pages. Both a reference
book and a novel.
$65 plus $10 Shipping!
General Welfare Clause of the Constitution.
A 36 page phamplet written by Eustace Mullins protege of Ezra Pound
and writer of the Secrets of the Federal Reserve, the original book
spurring the revival of the common law movement and the reinstitution
of Jeffersonian principals over the fraudulent Federalist movement.
This incredible phamplet hits the target to show how the internationalists/Communist
infiltrators within our government, have perverted the General Welfare
clause of the united States to create a Welfare state based on emtitlements
and priviledges rather than a nation based on the rule of law and Rights.
A must read for the aspiring patriot, will shed light on the lies of
the judicial dragons.
Secrets of the Federal Reserve
Eustace Mullins, a veteran of the U.S. Air Force in WWII and a protege
to Ezra Pound. Ezra Pound, the controversial poet who was jailed by
FDR for speaking out about Pearl Harbor being an act of Treason staged
by FDR and the International bankers to push the U.S. into the War against
Germany and Japan. Ezra Pound commissioned Eustace Mullins in 1948,
to dig up the dirt on the International Gangsters while being held a
political prisoner for 13 years in an Federal Insane Asylum.
Eustace is a veteran of the U.S. Air Force during WWII and happened
to work at the Library of Congress (Nice!). The original book was published
under the title Mullins on the Federal Reserve; it was the first published
revelation of the secret meetings being held at Jekyll Island by the
Bankers who were to draft the Federal Reserve act in 1913. The creation
of the Creature known as Federal Reserve has led to the demise of the
American Republic. The edifices that have been erected on the backs
of the Federal Reserve are the Raw Deal instituted by the traitor FDR
and the creation of Monopoly money aka Federal Reserve notes, which
has reduced the value of the dollar to 2% since 1913. The use of Federal
Reserve notes abrogating the Gold standard which was rescinded by the
traitor FDR on April 5, 1933 has led the American People into complete
bondage and servitude. Thomas Jefferson once said, "I believe that banking
institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
Already they have raised up a monied aristocracy that has set the government
at defiance. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored
to the people to whom it properly belongs."
The Secrets of the Federal Reserve is the book that has started the
modern day patriot movement in America, it may be the sole reason that
the American Republic is eventual restored intact with the return of
a metal-based currency. Disclosed in the "Secrets" are the connections
of the Federal Reserve to the House of Rothschild, the British Crown
and Adolph Hitler. It explains the mechanism upon which the Federal
Reserve a private banking cartel creates money out of "thin air". Mr.
Mullins has of course been harassed for over 50 years by our wonderful
government and is near penniless after numerous court battles, threats
on his life and even kidnapping. He has even been declared mental incompetent,
I guess as a tribute to his mentor Ezra Pound. These copies are Eustace's
private stash which has been finally freed up. All the copies purchased
here will be autographed by Eustace himself who is still alive and kicking.
This is a piece of authentic American history from a True Hero. You
of course will also be supporting Eustace directly with any book purchases.
To end with the immortal words of Andrew Jackson, the man who stopped
the Gangsters, "You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout
you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out."
Graduated shipping charges on Multiple Orders.
* Shipping charge for items totaling under
$15 is $2.00
if your are only ordering any of these items.
You can save on the $5.00 minimum shipping charge by:
the funds directly via check; or
- use our
paypal address (firstname.lastname@example.org) bypassing the shopping
- I can
send you a paypal request from email@example.com
Checks and Money Orders payable to:
51 Macdougal St. Suite 280
New York, New York 10012
All Rights Reserved
"Without Prejudice UCC1-207"